Sunday, August 4, 2013

Introductions

     Hi. I'm just a girl who likes to play around with dolls, and this is just my silly little blog to document the whole process. I like to work with BJD styled dolls--often made of resin, and have hollow parts that are strung with elastic for posing. I find them easy to work with and the possibilities are literally endless. Right now I have five dolls, and I'm waiting for another one to come home.

                  

     First off, we have my Resinsoul Li. She doesn't have a name because I'm just too damn lazy to give her one and nothing seems to suit her anyway. So she's just Li for now. All of the modding and faceup/tattoo work on her has been done by me. She's come a long way since she showed up...Actually I've almost had her for a year now. August 7th marks the first full year of having her around. So I'll probably make up a little post for her on that day, too.


     Next up is Oni, who also doesn't technically have a real name. He's an Angel of Dream Chi that I was able to get my hands on (in parts) for about half the cost, so I didn't feel bad about carving up his body and spray painting it. He was really just a big experiment with a lot of things that I would never dream of doing to my first doll. The list of mods on him is pretty long, and once it was all over I'd decided that I really, really like experimenting. Sorry for his wonky eyes here.
                


     Once Oni was finished, I wanted to try something smaller and more kiddish. So on impulse, I bought the cheapest Bobobie tiny on the marketplace--a deeply-yellowed Elfkin with a ratty wig and a bunch of extra clothes. Say hi to Kiwi, everybody! She's actually the subject for my latest little test on whitening dolls (and having some other mods done), so if I post any new pictures of her, they may look different once that's over. She's got a few modifications as well, including one to improve her sitting and some ear reduction that I never show anyway.

                   


     Milo is a Pukifee Pongpong that I got secondhand, and he's just a little ball of fun. Most BJD's have heads that open in the back so that the eyes can be changed frequently or the head removed as-necessary. His face actually comes off from the front, and you can switch it with other face plates for different expressions, or you can even choose a different sculpt and make him a girl with the same body! Though I've only got two plates for him--open and closed eyes. I just love that little expression he's got, though! Doesn't it make you want to smile?

                 


     And then, most recently home, I have my SD (60cm) girl. Who is also nameless. I honestly haven't done much with her, other than pierce her ears and give both sets of her hands pretty manicures. Not sure if I'm going to keep her much longer, but I'm hoping it's just a matter of finding her "purpose" to me. For the longest time (like, until two months ago) I found it almost impossible to find something that was "right" for my RS Li, but she turned out okay. So I'm hoping something similar will happen with this girl instead of me just selling her. I've been thinking of reworking her faceup, but I also don't really want to mess with it at the same time. I like how the eyes were done, but the lips feel too pale and the rest of her just feels kind of generic. I'd really like to do something more with her.

                 

      Though right now, I'm getting really hyped up about this guy. He's Ringdoll's Frankenstein. I'm already on a preorder for him, and the head I'll use for him is the 2011 (first release) version. He's a limited doll and not *technically* released yet, but Ringdoll had a nice event running last month that offered a preorder on him and his bride (named Eva) that included some nice free gifts. I've got quite a few things planned for him, and he'll probably be the last doll I buy, at least for this year. I've been chasing after him for quite a while now, actually.

                     
                    

      So yeah. That's what it's looking like right now. My brother also collects these dolls, so the group around our house isn't actually so small. I have five (going on six) and he has 3, soon to be 4. I may post his dolls from time to time, but this blog is mostly just to document my work and crazy little ideas. Sorry if this feels a little stiff, I haven't been up to writing much lately. I hope I can post some more interesting things in the future!


~~Aronzo~~

No comments:

Post a Comment