Friday, August 16, 2013

These people are my very-best favorites in the hobby.

     There are people I really admire in the BJD hobby. Really, really admire.


     I aspire to do beautiful work like theirs one day. These are those people.

   Mourningwake-press (on Deviantart) does really great modifications--mostly dabbling in gore or extreme projects like adding an extra set of arms (or they've also put together a very interesting amputee doll). Their work is always extremely detailed and the level of skill is just amazing. Looking through their Deviantart gallery is always inspiring and I really hope one day to be able to do work of that quality on my own dolls.

     Illusionwaltz is kind of on every site I frequent. I really enjoy her photography, but I think my favorite thing about her is her faceups. They aren't usually the typical "pretty" faces we come to expect from dolls, and yet at the same time they are seriously beautiful. Just look at this, okay? And not only are the dolls beautiful, but the composition and life in her photos is simply spectacular! 

     I know there are only two, but they are quite honestly my biggest idols when it comes to dolls. I really hope you'll give them at least a quick look (definitely worth it).

     Who do you look up to in the hobby? Do you have a favorite faceup artist or sculptor? Feel free to share in the comments--if they're your favorite they're worth a look around, right?

~~Aronzo~~

1 comment:

  1. SaikoXIX from deviantart seems to create magic. Everything she does is flawless and amazing as far as I've seen. Body blushing, tattoos, impossible poses, face-ups, body modifications, impossible camera angles,scarring, everything they do is amazing and most of the time I don't even know what she's done in a picture to make her dolls look so amazing.

    ReplyDelete