Wednesday, August 21, 2013

New side project

I found a chair that would fit a Littlefee at Saver's today and decided that it needs a little love.

Here it is:




     All around, It's pretty rough. Uneven spots, worn edges, dents, scratches... It's seen a lot in its days. I even found a Salvation Army sticker underneath the Savers sticker, so it's definitely seen more than one home in its day. There is even some sparkly black nail polish over the engraved "I love you" (which is hard to get in a picture when all the light you have is flash)



     Also, one of the... Are they legs? I'm not sure what you call them on rocking chairs. Let's call it a ski because it looks like a ski. One of the skis has a major chip in it. The end is split as well. I will probably have to fill that in with some wood putty before this is over--along with the other small dents in chips all around.



     The finish on the wood is also uneven, with some lighter splotches all around. Parts of it even look like they weren't just worn out from age, but actually sanded on.



     So this little project will occupy me for a little while. What needs to be done, first, is a good sanding job. I definitely want to get that nail polish off, and probably remove the current finish. Then I'll fill in all the cracks, chips, dents, and holes with wood putty and sand that down. After that, I'm thinking I want to try to stain it with coffee or tea. If that doesn't work, I think a paint job might be cute, too. Maybe in a soft pastel pink, or just a plain white. I'll figure that out when I get there.

     Anyway, thanks for stopping by (as always) Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week!

~~Aronzo~~

No comments:

Post a Comment