Friday, August 16, 2013

More updates on Kiwi

     Finally, I put my little girl back together. Kiwi is now a human and all the whitening trials, for the life of me, would not work.

     Peroxide, baking soda, nothing did the trick. I did some light sanding on parts of her, but the yellowing is just too deep-set to work with.


     So once I cut my losses there, I decided to make her head better. For some reason, her head was very oddly engineered. In the beginning, the hole for the s-hook was a perfect circle, too small for any s-hook to fit through properly, so in order to remove her head you had to basically take her apart. That's kind of inconvenient since I like to take my dolls' heads off a lot. That was fixed months ago before I turned lazy and moved on to other things.

     Then, instead of the conventional magnet-and-hook type of headcap that most companies tend to favor, her head just had little square pegs that didn't actually stay in their little hutches. The only thing that would hold her head shut was some fossilized eye putty that was quite honestly just gunky and crusty from years of non-use. I decided to at least start with a magnet to hold the headcap on, and I'll likely have to sculpt a little hook on the top of the head in the future. But for now, I feel too tired to fuss with it any further. So this mini round of mods is over for the time being. I might just give up on her posing and buy a Pukifee body anyway (which I would have to deliberately yellow...)

      Oh, and part of these mods was, of course, making her ears smaller and more human-like. I did some shaving and quite a bit of sanding, and even after that they seemed to stick out. So I wound up boiling her head as well, and bending them backward. Still not as "natural" as what I was going for, but I still definitely like them better this way.
   
     Anyway. She also has a faceup now, so that's a thing. Sorry there aren't so many pictures this time around, camera was charging and I've been getting other things taken care of as well. I really wish I did take more pictures of the progress. I'll try to get a better one to show off all the freckles I gave her, too. For now, enjoy a grainy version of what she looks like:



~~Aronzo~~

No comments:

Post a Comment