Monday, September 23, 2013

Combining everything I want into one post today

     So as far as that 30-day challenge goes, Day 13 is shoes. I don't buy doll shoes. I have 4 1/2 pairs of shoes, 2 1/2 of them being SD sized. I technically have a pair of split-toed sandals for my RS Li, but those have been long lost. So, yeah. Here's a picture of my doll shoes. It was taken on my 3DS because my camera chose to run away and I've been stalling this all day. I just don't do doll shoes.


     Anyway, with that sad little bundle of lines out of the way, I'm going to change the subject to something I'm really excited about. My DD! She's on her way to my town! Last she was scanned, she was on the truck and on her way from a Salt Lake City, which is six hours away. This was three hours ago! So she'll be in my city around 10pm, I reckon. Though the way UPS works, it won't be until 7:00 or 7:30 until she's delivered. They're supposed to be done with deliveries at 7pm, but hey, as long as I get my doll tomorrow I might not mind as much. It depends on how often I call my brother.

     I'm having her sent to my mom's house because of the ridiculous amount of difficulty it takes to get something sent to my apartment. Literally, it took three weeks, two visits to the post office where postal workers told me that either the address my landlord gave me didn't exist, or that they just couldn't help me. In the end, I called the post office to wind up put on hold and eventually the call was dropped, so I wound up just rescheduling the delivery. It turns out they were trying to deliver my package in southern Utah. 

     I live in Idaho.

     I did get the book eventually, but it took forever.

    That's not the kind of frustration I want to go through again, especially with a doll that cost 300 dollars (and especially not the next one to be sent, which is my RD Frankenstein) 

     Anyway. Back to dolls. I've been spending time getting her wig ready this week. A couple days ago, I braided and then boiled my pink heat-resistant wig, and then today I trimmed layers into and and shaped the back from blunt into a nice, more-manageable taper. 

     I've never done a faceup on a squishy vinyl head before, and I'm really excited to do a cute, big-eyed anime look! I also have to get her clothes ready. I have some clothes from my SD girl, but I've also started some simple bikinis and lingerie tops (easiest things to sew without measurements or a pattern on-hand) Just thinking about that cute little smile is making me all giddy!
    
     I actually never thought I'd be so interested in DDs until the other day I was just looking and it was like a little bug bit me. The bite makes you go to the Volks site or wherever else you've seen a Dollfie Dream. You look at a couple sculpts and just think about how cute they are, and before you know it you've got a favorite. Then that itch sets in. You think about what you'd want. Do you want a girl in normal skin? White skin? How much would it cost to ship anyway? I'll just put this all in my cart so I can calculate the shipping. Oh, look there's a payment button. Nooo, no, I shouldn't click that yet. Time to justify this. Okay, I got my taxes in recently. Done. Button is clicked. Time to check obsessively every five minutes until she's shipped. Yay!

     And it gets itchier the longer you wait, or if the shipping changes/doesn't change for a certain amount of time. The worst itch occurs during the last two days of waiting--that anticipation is just maddening! Seriously, I know that shipping isn't supposed to move until at least 10pm, and here it is somewhere around 8 and I keep checking in. I KNOW it's not going to move, but that's not going to stop me.

    Anyway, that's a bit of writing from me today. If you read all this, thanks for reading. I'm gonna go check my tracking for the umpteenth time.

~~Aronzo~~

2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when I read this post. Four and a 'half' pairs of shoes? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was never good at buying, keeping track of, or making sure my dolls wear shoes. They're just a bunch of barefooters.

      Delete