Wednesday, September 25, 2013

So I didn't mention this yesterday when it happened

     I got boxes! I got two big boxes!

     During the day there was a slip left for a package, and we figured it was my DD. Then when I went to pick up the slip at my mom's house, there was already a box! That was my DD. So then what was the slip? I didn't recognize the tracking number, but nobody else had ordered anything from China. So I took it down to the post office and when the lady brought it up to the counter my eyes got really big.
 
    Really, really big.

    It was a box with a big ol' "Ringdoll" printed on the side in fancy font. I would've gotten all giddy and done a dance in the post office, but seeing as the couple waiting in line behind me just came from a funeral, I found a way to restrain myself. The post lady asked what it was and I was like "Oh, I collect expensive dolls" I bet she was thinking some big antique porcelain lady-doll in period dress. Imagine what the look would be on her face if she saw what was really inside >3< After that, I giddily made my way across the parking lot (while trying to be careful--have you ever tried to be careful when you're giddy? It's a little weird) and gosh, it was like Christmas but better.

     Imagine if you didn't get everything on your wishlist, but instead something that was better than all those things combined and that you didn't see coming. I mean, I never got an email to say whether he'd shipped, so that slip was completely out of the blue.

     It was a good day.

 My DD already has her faceup sorted out and I stain-proofed her dress for now. Frankie needs some work done before I can paint him, though. I actually started on some of it just after getting him out of the box and throwing away all the extra bubble wrap (don't worry, I got all the fancy pieces out first)

     What I've started on him is eye-opening. Because I'm not used to taking mods as I do them, I only got a pic after I started work. I'd gotten most of the left eye done (though it still needed some light sanding) and started on the right eye when I took these pictures:

   

     Those eyes in the second picture are Kiwi's eyes. Her tiny little 10mm eyes. He was sent with something like 14mm or 16mm. Waaaaaay too big, even on the 2013 head (which I won't be using, so it's already sold) The thing that gets me is that the pupil size is perfect....but the sides are gappy. I have some 12mm eyes, but they look big and doey. I don't want big and doey. So I'll have to find a way to make my own or something (or just live with gappyness)

     It's been rainy this week, though, so his faceup is gonna have to wait a while...

     My DD got a faceup last night because it was clear out (for once) and wasn't too cold, but I waited on his face to do the mods. I'll find something else to work on in the meantime, I guess. This is my DD, by the way. Her eyes don't fit all the way in that head...even though that's the size Volks recommended. I'll have to figure it out once I can get that head open again.


     I hope everyone has a good week, and if it's rainy for you it's perfect weather for a cup of hot cocoa at least. I'm having some. If you're waiting to work on your doll because of the weather, why not pull up a mug and join me?

~~Aronzo~~

No comments:

Post a Comment