Sunday, September 1, 2013

Update

     So usually when I write, I try to make it about a specific topic, but today I'm just letting it loose and writing about what's going on with me, some plans I'm getting together, etc.


     Right now, in my personal life, I've been going through a few changes. They're great changes. I moved out a little over a week ago, my parents are getting divorced (this is, ironically, the best news I could possibly expect) my RD Frankenstein is supposed to ship this week, I found a great deal on a littlefee, and my SD girl just sold. Well, she's actually on layaway, but the important part is that money will be coming in. 

     This is all extremely good news for me. I won't go into all the details, but my family life has basically never been good. Parents have always had a toxic, manipulative relationship and it's caused some very severe issues in the past months especially. Now that I'm out of the house, I have time to enjoy and work on my dolls once again--which is great because soon there will be more dolls to work on! I can put the money from selling my SD girl towards getting a different doll, or I might just save it away for later. 

     Also, it's really exciting to move out. I have an old phonograph that's in perfect running condition, but I didn't have much of a vinyl collection to play on it. Well, a bunch of my boyfriend's friends have lots of LP's and no phonograph. We go to the local record store. We have parties with music and games and milkshakes, and it's great to have everyone together. I've found out that I actually really like to cook and host parties. I like to walk around the apartment complex and meet my neighbors. I have my own workspace for dolls, and finally some privacy. If I want to walk down to the store to pick up some cookies, I don't have to ask permission and promise to bring my cell phone and call when I get there/leave. 

     These are all things I've never had before. It feels great. 

     Now, with my new workspace, I can feel more comfortable working on my dolls. Frankenstein is coming in soon, before it gets too cold out for faceup work. I'll likely get a littlefee soon, and I'll have time to do the necessary modifications to make her into the perfect Arale. I could give my old dolls new faceups if I wanted to and there would be plenty of room for it, without interruption! Also, there's an art gallery very close to where I live. When I'm not drooling over doll photos or planning to carve up another one, I like to doodle and sketch and sometimes even sculpt. I've always wanted to see if my work would sell, and the manager of the gallery has agreed to let me come in and show her my work. Even if they don't feature me there, she said she could still help me find out if there's anything else local that would be looking for work like mine. 

     This is just really, really exciting. Maybe what I'm saying here is boring to some people, but even if nobody reads this I feel like it's worth writing anyway. I hope you all have a great day, and thanks for reading if you did.

~~Aronzo~~

No comments:

Post a Comment