Sunday, September 22, 2013

What do your friends think?

     Day 12's challenge is about what your friends think about BJDs. My friends, well, most of them are collectors as well. I don't have many close personal friends offline (I kind of hang back in social situations) but my best friend should actually be getting the body for her second today, and most everyone else I know thinks the dolls are really cool.

     My boyfriend is fine with them, and actually really sweet about it. For my birthday, I got myself a Ringdoll Frankenstein only to find out after paying that they were selling him with a completely different head than what they'd been showing at conventions and in promo pictures! The head they were showing him with was the head I'd fallen in love with--the 2011 version--but luckily Ringdoll offered to let those who bought the 2013 edition buy the 2011 head as well. I really wanted that head, and so my boyfriend offered to buy it for me. Best birthday present ever, I tell ya.

     My older brother collects BJDs too, and actually started about a month before I did. He's mostly got SDs, but recently he got an Iplehouse Boris (MSD). I've been through more dolls, but currently his collection at home is bigger than mine. He thinks I buy too many dolls >3< Usually I save up for a while, though, or I work out a budget so that I'm not spending more than I have and so that I can still live comfortably.

    My grandma (mom's side) collected dolls when she was younger, and she seems to really like them. She understands more that I'm not some grownup person who needs to cling to an object to cope with the real world, and that having a doll isn't a sign of special needs. I have actually had people ask me in public if I have certain special needs, and the answer is always "No...I just collect dolls." (I have actually stopped bringing them out with me because of the kind of comments I got from strangers).

     A couple of my friends from high school are collectors, but I've kind of gotten out of touch with them since we graduated. I think it's kind of funny, but it wasn't until after I'd lost contact with most of them that we all started collecting. We're all usually doing different things and don't really have time to get together. It's kind of a shame, but we're also really different than who we were in high school. I don't really feel like we'd have anything in common other than dolls.

~~Aronzo~~

No comments:

Post a Comment