Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Floating heads and headless horsedolls on day 14

     I have had one floating body before. It was an Angel of Dream MSD boy body that I got in a partial trade, and it was old, dirty and yellowed. I'd only had one BJD before at that point, which was a girl, so this was very different for me. Being a silly girl, I waited a couple days after the body showed up before I bought the head, so it was sitting around for about a month, headless. 

     And what did I do with it? 
   


     Magnificent. 

     I really wanted to know what it'd look like with a head, so I got silly and put a girl head on it. I also didn't have any clothes that would fit. I didn't buy any clothes that would fit, either. Then I got bored and started carving at him.


     And then when his head came in, I went further and gave him gauges and did some modifications on the rest of the head, too. After that, I did this:

                                     

     And eventually after all of that, he became Oni--my first big modding project. Looking back, I do wish I'd gone with a doll that was already red because of all the chipping and other issues with the paint. I wish it was possible to go back and wipe his faceup without that leading to needing to spray his head red all over again. After all the wait for his head, I don't think an impatient person like me could buy just a head or just a body and then wait to look around for one or the other to show up. I also hate looking up resin matches. So this is probably the only headless doll/floating head story I'll ever have. I hope, at least.

~~Aronzo~~


No comments:

Post a Comment