Friday, September 13, 2013

Day three: Doll family

     Okay, so for some reason I've forgotten to update the downsizing I've done. Milo and my DL Thea are gone, so right now all I have at home are my first three BJDs--my RS Li, Oni, and Kiwi. I've got two on the way, which will bring the number back up to 5. I guess I just like having a small doll crew. Anyway, here they are:


     Please excuse the chips on Oni's headcap. I'd actually sculpted horns on there, but there was an incident that I didn't find out about until moving was over (he was "borrowed" and then put back in the box with horns mysteriously missing) so I have to decide whether to sculpt them back on or respray the headcap. Either way, it's going to be a fuss. 

     I'm actually a little nervous to say it, but if I could come up with a price, I'd try to sell Oni, too. I just have no idea if he'd sell at all. Especially because spray paint likes to chip. Kiwi is cute, but I've considered selling her body and trying to get a pukifee body for her so I can do more with her than just "sitting" and "laying down" and "leaning against this object" poses. As I've said before, I absolutely despise Bobobie's tiny bodies. They just aren't worth the money at all. 

     I can't wait for my Frankenstein and Arale to come in, though. All the dolls I've sold before have been impulse buys that I never had the desire to modify much at all. These next two I have plans for and then even feasible things I'd want to do with them. What can I do with Oni without him chipping? I don't even have much interest in taking pictures of him. These next dolls I can make clothes for, give faceups to without having to re-color the resin every time, can further modify without having to paint it to match... It'll be great. 

     Anyway. This is what I've got for now. Sorry if this has gotten a little ranty, but I just have some issues with my dolls, still. Hopefully everyone else's doll plans are falling into place.

~~Aronzo~~

No comments:

Post a Comment