Sunday, September 29, 2013

Least favorite company?

     My least favorite company, totally honest, is Bobobie. It's just that after owning and handling a few of their dolls, they aren't up to par. This is probably going to come off as "hate", but I'm being totally honest. After handling several other dolls, I don't think I'll ever buy another Bobobie. Let's talk strictly about their bodies--not the ones that were brought over from Resinsoul, either--just the ones that are exclusive to Bobobie.
 
      They're, for the most part, single-jointed. For some people, this is fine. For others, it's no good. Then there's all the problems with the hips/waist. Half of their bodies can't even sit without modification. The 60cm boy body is double-jointed in the knees and actually has a semblance of a mobility joint, but then the arms are just a joke. They have a floating ball, sure, but there's no way in hell that you'll get those arms to move further than 90 degrees without sueding or wiring or something. And even with that help, it won't look natural. Even my Angel of Dream boy poses miles better, and AOD is not too far from the Bobobie price range. The double-jointed bodies available from Bobobie (that are technically Resinsoul bodies) are a little better, but even they need some serious work.

     I've been looking for new bodies for Kiwi and my RS Li for a while now.

     I think that if they worked more on the bodies and polished up the face sculpts a little more, I'd give them a second chance. As they are now, there's no way. They're affordable dolls, great. They offer a great selection of resin colors, awesome. But there isn't anything they have to offer to me personally. If saying I don't like Bobobie because I genuinely feel like their quality is really low makes me an elitist, then I'm a super elitist. I don't even care. I'm not going around sending people messages that their dolls are crap or anything personal like that. I honestly feel like their quality doesn't hold up compared to other dolls I've handled.

     Writing this actually makes me feel anxious because I know people will take this as fuel for their "people just hate on Bobobie because they're cheap" fire, and this isn't just me "hating" on them because I've got some made-up bias in my head. I think it's silly to just label each other as "cheap" and "elitist" just because we have different tastes (and even legitimate reasons we don't like certain companies). So please, before you go and call me an elitist, actually think about what I'm trying to say, and think about the fact that these are just my experiences and feelings. You have different experiences and different feelings, so it's perfectly fine for you to disagree.

~~Aronzo~~

No comments:

Post a Comment