Saturday, September 28, 2013

Favorite doll company?

     It's Day 18, so that means it's time to start talking about companies--starting with my favorite.

     Ringdoll.



     If I have to pick just one company, it's Ringdoll. I know they've had a bad record of customer service in the past, but recently they have really cleaned up their game. I ordered a Frankenstein in their presale event, and have been talking to Cherry ever since I first ordered. She's very friendly and quick to reply if I have any concerns, and sends regular emails about any updates on my order. If I had a question about something and she didn't know, she went and checked on it and got back to me with an answer every time. She's the only sales rep I've talked to from them, but she's great.

     When my brother ordered his Julia last year, she came home with a broken leg piece. The little resin chip that came off was wrapped up in the bubble wrap still, and once Ringdoll was notified of the damage, they got to work and made a new piece for him right away. They sent it free of charge, and relatively quickly considering this was during the holiday rush.

     Their dolls are gorgeous. There are so many on their site that I really like, but ultimately my favorite is Frankenstein. The grey resin is gorgeous, and the design they came up with for him is wonderful. The sculpting looks top-notch and from what I've seen the bodies are wonderful at posing. I'll be honest and say that their wigs need some work. A majority of their faceups are really wonderful (Julia is an example) but I'll admit that the faces on the first run of Frankenstein's wasn't as detailed as it could be (there were also stories of him being blushed a weird peachy color on top of the grey resin in the first release).

     I like the stories they come up with for their dolls. Aside from the occasional Engrish mistake (you do have to realize they're in China, where English isn't everyone's first language) the actual stories themselves are thought-out and center around the dolls nicely. I do recommend reading the stories behind Julia and Andrew--light side first, then dark side--as an example. Can you tell I have some favorites over there?

     But yeah, overall I do feel like they've worked very hard to clean up their act and have come back with great customer service. I feel like they're striving hard to build their reputation into something better and earnestly committed to being the best company they can be. I really do appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment