Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Some of my current favorite sculpts (not personally owned)

I have a few favorite sculpts. Some of them, I plan to own one day. Others I like because of what the owners have done with them. Here are a few of my favorite dolls.


1. Withdoll Priscilla. Look at that majestic, Valkyrian-looking fullset! I love her in the grey resin, and that sculpt is just so... so pretty! Honestly, I think if Minifee Chloe wasn't the staple favorite of many MSD sized dolls, Priscilla would be pretty high on the charts. Though personally, I feel like grey is her best color. Her features appear catlike and the sculpting on her face just looks very, very well-polished. Of all the dolls I don't own, she is my number one favorite. I'd love to adopt her (fullset) someday, for sure.


2. Pukipuki Cupid (faces 2 and 3)

Look at these cute little suckers! I like both of them equally, especially as a set of twins. Regular Cupid is pretty sweet and innocent looking, but I like the mischievous charm that these two bring to the table. They can both stand pretty well on their own as sculpts, but (again, since this is my personal list) I feel like they are just about perfect together. I'm a little biased towards twin/sibling dolls, really.
                      


3. Ringdoll Andrew. Actually, his head is the same as Julia. My older brother has Julia. I've always been close to him, and I really admire how beautiful Julia is. This is another case in which the whole concept of twins gets me. I feel like, in particular, I want Andrew because having a set of dolls between the two of us would be a good symbol for the closeness we've had throughout some really hard parts of our lives. It especially helps that Andrew and Julia are brother and sister. I'm not partial to his fullset, but Julia rarely wears hers, anyway. I would probably actually get him this lovely suit tailored by Angell-Studio. I definitely want to portray him as an upright, aristocratic young man

4. Aileendoll Rot. Look at this guy! This little red monster of a guy! His horns, his pudgy little belly--he's just my kind of little dragon guy! His face seems to just have that expression of "No, uh--I didn't do it!" I don't normally fall for "pet" dolls, but he is a favorite of mine. The other Aileendoll dragons are just about equally cute, but this guy is my cup of tea. Also, I find it adorably cute that his mouth opens and shuts. If I were to get one, I'd prefer him with red blushing, at least very similar to the original (though I've heard, sadly, that Aileendoll's quality when it comes to blushing can vary greatly)


So, yeah. These are all some sculpts I admire and would probably consider purchasing if the chance came my way. Some, I would probably pick over others depending on the situation, and others I plan to save up for maybe sometime in the future but nothing's set in stone. I haven't even looked at very many sculpts that are around, but maybe if I did the list would be much, much longer than this. What are your favorite sculpts? What do you like about them? Feel free to share in the comments--or not, it's up to you. Anyway, thanks for reading this far. I hope you have a nice day!

~~Aronzo~~

No comments:

Post a Comment