Saturday, September 7, 2013

Dragons.

     I think dragons are interesting, especially as dolls. One person could say "dragon doll" and think of something like Dollzone's Moon and Star, when another person would think of the same company's even dragon babies from the past. Others might even be thinking of the Aileendoll dragons, or the even more recent dragons from Cuarto Dolls. They are all wonderful examples of dragons--and they're all in BJD form! 



   I personally think they are a very interesting concept and I like the variety of ways different companies/sculptors try to portray their ideas of the creatures. Even Bobobie/Resinsoul have their own take on dragons (Pixiu and kin) and are teasing their fans with the idea of a dragon MSD (though I'm not up to date on the news on that one, so if he's already out, I'm sorry if this info is out of date) Actually really looking forward to the one from BBB/RS because I'd love to see what the doll will look like--especially in their lovely Sky Blue. Or red. Or green. I'm a little more excited about them because of the variety of resin colors offered by those two companies.

     I don't even think I've mentioned half the companies that offer some form of dragon yet! There are just so many to choose from, and if I kept looking, I would just keep finding more and more dragons (which isn't a problem, other than trying to fit all the lovely pictures into just one blog post)

     Even though I don't own one yet, I have considered Dollzone Moon from time to time, but I'm waiting on a few other dolls and releases to see if I really want to pursue her. Aileendoll Rot is one of my favorite sculpts, however, and I would jump on him the first chance I get to buy one. But the opportunity for either one hasn't really struck yet, so for now I'm content to sit back and enjoy seeing what other people do with their dolls--and it's dang fun! I mean, look at this guy! He's one of those adorable Aileendoll dragons I've mentioned earlier! (Custom work done by SaikoXIX on Flickr)


     I like dragon dolls. I like the amount of variety associated with dragons--be they based on those from Eastern or Western mythology. Variety is what drives this hobby forward, and it's really satisfying to have that one (or however many you please) that is just your very own, and that nobody else will have unless you keep them in all of their default clothing, company faceup, eyes, and all that at all times forever. And where's the fun in that? Have a good day everybody, and remember to enjoy your dolls--no matter if they're dragons, elves, or vampiric prince overlords. Thank you for reading.

~~Aronzo~~

No comments:

Post a Comment